The new YP2 directory infrastructure requires an authorization key or Authhash. The autohash is what the YP2 infrastructure use to validate your server when it tries to connect any of the station(s) you run. It is valid for all root servers of the station being broadcast. Multiple authorization keys can be used when broadcasting the same stream content at different bitrates. This will ensure that they appear separately in the SHOUTcast Directory. MP3 and AAC+ formats are listed separately in the SHOUTcast Directory automatically. This tutorial will walk you through "How to set up your Shoutcast v2 Autohash".
How to setup your Shoutcast v2 Autohash, as of Version 2.4.7 and above this has been updated:
1. Go to your Shoutcast v2 server index page. (ex: http://ip:port/index.html)
Centova Cast v3 provides this link in the "Server" group. Click on the "Admin" link.
2. On the top right of the page Click on "Administrator Login"
This is not the same link as the "Admin Login" in the center of the page.
3. You will be prompted to enter a username and password.
The Username is admin and the password is the same as the password you use to login to your control panel.
4. Once you have clicked on the 'Create Authhash' button again you are taken to a page http://rmo.shoutcast.com to either sign in or create a new account with your email or social media account. As you will have likely not yet created an account with Shoutcast then select "First time here? Create a new account"
5. Once you have clicked on the 'Create Authhash' button again you are taken to a page to either sign in or create a new account. As you will have likely not yet created an account with Shoutcast then select "First time here? Create a new account"
6. Once you have registered your account you will be sent a confirmation email. When you have confirmed your account and logged in you will next need to select the green 'SHOUTcast (DNAS)' box. Once selected, underneath this box the Authhash configuration settings will appear.
7. In this section you will need to configure the following settings:
Radio station name – Enter your stations/streams title here.
Tags – Enter any keywords or tags relevant to your station.
Select your radio station music styles. Maximum 5 styles. – Select between 2 to 5 to be associated with your station.
Cover – Here you can upload a logo/cover art for your station.
Description – Give your radio station a description.
Country – Select your country.
Language – Select your language.
Time zone – Select your relevant time zone.
Website – Enter your own websites URL here.
Existing Stream URL – Here your enter your stream URL. So for example
Radio Type – Select whether you are an "online station only" or an "online and AM/FM station".
Stream format – Here you select the stream format (from either or ) and the for your stream.
8. Once completed, finally accept the terms and conditions to "Finalize Radio Creation" and then click on the 'Save' button and your will then be registered with (which only usually takes a few seconds). This will then become a 'Public' available on the as well as within .
You have just created your stations autohash. We hope this was a helpful tutorial.
- Email, SSL
- 26 Users Found This Useful
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution